Your SU I.D. card will serve as your official University identification and will provide you access to residence halls, dining centers, snack operations, athletic facilities, library privileges, vending machines, laundry services and the SU Bookstore.
Follow the steps below to insure that your permanent SU I.D. will be waiting for you at your residence hall or South Campus apartment check-in for the Spring semester. This process is for new students only, returning students should use the ID Card they have been previously issued.
- Activate your syr.edu e-mail address. This is the only address you can use for this process. To access your official e-mail address, you must obtain your NetID. To do so go to the NetID website at NetID. If you have questions about your syr.edu e-mail account, contact Information Technology Services at 315/443-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your picture in jpg format, no more than 2 MB, as an attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com. Send only one photo: if we determine that it cannot be used, we will notify you and give you the option of sending another.
- Indicate your SU I.D. number and status within the message of the e-mail (SU or ESF ).
When selecting a photo, please keep these requirements in mind.
The photo should be:
- a high-quality, clear, color photo with a plain background
- a front view of your whole face with no other people and/or animals in the photo
- taken within the last three months
- taken without a hat or dark glasses
We reserve the right to refuse to use any photo that we deem inappropriate. All photos will be digitally stored for University use only.