Room selection related housing policies.
Syracuse University regulations prohibit smoking on all University property.
ACADEMIC YEAR COMMITMENT
Regardless of class standing your commitment is for the full academic year-both fall and spring semesters. Room charges are billed by the semester. The term of occupancy and your financial obligation is from fall opening in August until close of residence halls in May.
TWO-YEAR HOUSING REQUIREMENT
Syracuse University first- and second-year students are required to live in University housing. Completion of the two-year requirement midway through an academic year does not exempt a student from the academic year housing commitment.
Residents of rooms or apartments that are not occupied at capacity may be required to relocate to comparable space within their residence hall or in another housing unit in pursuit of housing priorities.
MEAL PLAN REQUIREMENT
All undergraduate students assigned to residence halls (both North and South Campus) are required to be on a meal plan. Following the conclusion of Room Selection students assigned to housing will be notified via their syr.edu e-mail address to select a meal plan for the fall semester.
CANCELLATION OF ROOM SELECTION ASSIGNMENTS
- LEAVING THE UNIVERSITY
Students who leave the University are responsible for canceling their housing through the cancellation process available on-line beginning April 8 through July 1. Cancellations received AFTER July 1 are subject to penalties and refunds according to schedules stated in the Tuition, Fees, and Related
- Withdrawing or taking a leave of absence – You must process your withdrawal or leave by initiating your paperwork through your home college.
- Participating in an SU Abroad Program beginning in fall 2022. Your name will be verified against a list of future participants identified by the SU Abroad.
- Participating in an SU COOP or Internship beginning in fall 2022.
- Graduating at the end of the spring 2022.
- TO LIVE OFF-CAMPUS OR COMMUTE FROM HOME Students not obligated to the University’s two-year housing requirement may cancel their assignment to reside off campus or commute from home through Thursday, May 1. After May 1, the academic year housing commitment is financially binding regardless of class standing, unless a student withdraws from the University. Cancellation to reside off campus or to commute from home must be done in-person in the Housing Office – 111 Waverly, Suite 111 or 210 Goldstein Student Center ALL cancellations of Room Selection Process assignments by students to reside off campus (those students not obligated to the 2-year housing requirement) or to commute from home will be assessed a $450 cancellation charge. Students who are considering living off campus or commuting from home should anticipate this cancellation charge in making their decision to participate in Room Selection.