Housing FAQs

If I move into my on-campus housing and then decide to move back home because I don’t feel safe, will I be able to receive a refund on my room and board?

Yes, you will be able to receive a prorated room and board credit dated to the week you left your on-campus housing assignment, provided that you move all of your belongings out of your residence, follow check-out procedures as instructed, and return your key before you leave.

What happens if I need special accommodations due to pre-existing conditions that may be exacerbated by COVID-19?

You would first need to register with the Center for Disability Resources (CDR – formerly the Office of Disability Services). If approved, the CDR will alert you that you are eligible to participate in the COVID Medical Consideration process, and will be able to request a housing relocation or accommodation.

Can I live off campus even if I have not fulfilled my two-years housing requirement?

First- and second-year students are required to reside on campus. Third-year students and above do not have a housing requirement and can therefore seek off-campus housing after they have completed their on-campus requirement. Off-Campus and Commuter Services is a good resource for students living off campus.