A $450 advance housing payment is required to fully participate in room selection. An e-bill (Advance payment email notification) for the $450 advance housing payment is sent on February 1, to each full-time matriculated undergraduate University housing resident and those participants in SU Programs Abroad, COOP or Internship who indicated they wished to participate.
MAKE A PAYMENT
This is a quick view of payment options but you should review the Bursar MAKE A PAYMENT page for a full listing of options
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): Please log onto MySlice and follow this path: under the FINANCES heading MAKE A PAYMENT then PAY BY EFT then ADVANCE HOUSING PAYMENT. Online payments can take up to 2 business days to post to the student account.
- DEBIT/CREDIT CARD: Please log onto MySlice and follow this path: under the FINANCES heading MAKE A PAYMENT then PAY OTHER CHARGES BY CREDIT CARD then ADVANCE HOUSING PAYMENT. Online payments can take up to 2 business days to post to student account.
- IN-PERSON: Cash or check payments are accepted at Cash Operations windows located at 125 Bowne Hall during business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CHECK: Write the Student ID number on the check. Checks must be made payable to Syracuse University
- Students whose financial aid awards (grants, loans, scholarships) total 70% or more of University room, meal plan, tuition, and fees for the Spring 2019 semester may request a waiver of the advance payment on-line through MySlice. Simply select MySlice – Student Services – Housing, Meal Plans and ID Card – Self Service. Then select MORE TASKS – Housing Waiver Request. Requests for a waiver are verified for qualification immediately. You will see and receive an email confirming or denying the request. If you are unsure if you qualify for a waiver, you should plan to submit the waiver request. Allow sufficient time to meet the payment deadline in the event your request is denied.
CREDIT ON ACCOUNT
- If a student has a credit balance on their bursar account and wishes to apply it toward the fall 2019 semester advance housing payment, make a request through the Housing Office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this. Please note you must have a negative account balance or credit due on your Bursar account to be considered.