Your SU I.D. card will serve as your official University identification and will provide you access to residence halls, dining centers, snack operations, athletic facilities, library privileges, vending machines, Carrier Dome and Schine Box Office event tickets, laundry services and the SU Bookstore.
Follow the steps below to insure that your permanent SU I.D. will be waiting for you at your residence hall or South Campus apartment check-in.
- Activate your syr.edu e-mail address. This is the only address you can use for this process. To access your official e-mail address, you must obtain your NetID. To do so go to the NetID website at NetID. If you have questions about your syr.edu e-mail account, contact Information Technology Services at 315/443-2677 or email@example.com.
- Send your picture in jpg format, no more than 2 MB, as an attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send only one photo: if we determine that it cannot be used, we will notify you and give you the option of sending another.
- Indicate your SU I.D. number and status within the message of the e-mail (SU or ESF & Undergraduate or Graduate student).
When selecting a photo, please keep these requirements in mind.
The photo should be:
- a high-quality, clear, color photo with a plain background
- a front view of your whole face with no other people and/or animals in the photo
- taken within the last three months
- taken without a hat or dark glasses
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to use any photo that we deem inappropriate. All photos will be digitally stored for University use only.
If for any reason you are unable to send a photo electronically, you can mail a photo to us. An acceptable photo should be wallet or passport photo size; a senior picture is acceptable. Please indicate your name SU I.D. number, and status (SU or ESF & Undergraduate or Graduate student) on a separate piece of paper and NOT on the back of the picture. This information should be mailed to Syracuse University, I.D. Services, 206 Steele Hall, Syracuse, New York 13244-1120.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to send in a photo and eliminate one of the many tasks that need to be completed during opening week. Students living on campus who send in a picture prior to January 9th will have their I.D. card waiting for them at their residence hall when they check in. I.D. cards will be available for pick up at our Service Center, 206 Steele Hall, for students that live off-campus. If you are unable to send a photo either electronically or by mail, you will need to have a photo taken at the Service Center, 206 Steele Hall.
Note: You cannot get your permanent I.D. until you have completed the course registration process.
For questions about ID Cards – please call our Service Center at (315) 443-2721.
The Housing, Meal Plan, and I.D. Card Service Center will be open the following hours during opening weekend in January:
Friday, January 12th, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 13th, 12 noon – 3 p.m.