Your SU I.D. card will serve as your official University identification and will provide you access to residence halls, dining centers, snack operations, athletic facilities, library privileges, vending machines, Carrier Dome and Schine Box Office event tickets, laundry services and the SU Bookstore.
You are REQUIRED to electronically submit your picture for your SU I.D. Card – instructions on how to submit a picture can be found below. Please note that to ensure your card is waiting for you upon check-in at your residence hall in August we ask that your picture be submitted by July 15th. The website to upload a photo is available May 1st.
How to upload your photo:
- You must first activate your syr.edu email address and NetID.
- Using your NetID and password you must log onto the Syracuse University Photo upload website. The ID Card Photo submission site https://its-cf-prod7.syr.edu/syridc/syrlogin.cfm will be accessible May 1st. Notification about the photo upload process will be emailed to new students when the site is available in May.
- Attach a digital photo that fulfills the following requirements:
- A high quality, clear, color photo with a plain background.
- A front view of your whole face with no other people or animals in the photo.
- Taken within the past 3 months.
- Taken without a hat or dark glasses.
- The photo must be in .jpg format and no more than 2 MB in size.
- Please note that you are only allowed to submit (1) photo. If we determine that the photo cannot be used then you will be notified with the option to send in another photo.
If for any reason you are unable to send a photo electronically, you can mail a photo to us. An acceptable photo should be wallet or passport photo size; a senior picture is acceptable. Please indicate your name SU I.D. number, and status (SU or ESF & Undergraduate or Graduate student) on a separate piece of paper and NOT on the back of the picture. This information should be mailed to Syracuse University, I.D. Services, 206 Steele Hall, Syracuse, New York 13244-1120.
We will still be able to process photos received after June 30th and before August 15 – however we can not guarantee that the ID will be waiting for you upon check-in at your residence hall in August.
For questions about ID Cards – please call our Service Center at (315) 443-2721.